Grilled Marinated Flank Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
recipe by Anne Wiles
Now you can be the hero at dinner, thanks to chef Anne Wiles. She cooked up this delicious creation at a fundraiser for the Dangberg Home Ranch, using our flank steak, and she kindly agreed to share it!
Marinating Time: 6+ hours
Total Time: 50m
Ingredients for Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- One Flank Steak
- ½ Cup olive oil
- ½ Cup soy sauce
- ½ Cup honey
- ¼ Cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Kosher Salt to taste
Directions for Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
- Combine all ingredients in a plastic bag and add flank steak. It’s best to marinate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- Get your grill hot.
- Remove flank steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Then season with freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt.
- Lightly oil the grill grates and put the flank steak over direct high heat.
- Grill about 6 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Remove from grill, tent loosely with foil and rest 10 minutes before slicing thinly across the grain.
- Serve with chimichurri sauce. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Chimichurri Sauce
- 1 ½ Cups chopped flat leaf Parsley (thick stems trimmed away)
- ¼ Cup chopped fresh basil
- ¼ Cup oregano leaves
- Zest and juice of 3 limes
- Splash of sherry vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 Teaspoons crushed red pepper
Directions for Chimichurri Sauce
- Combine all ingredients.
- Season to taste with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.